So I guessed that there must be an evident link between them so my curiosity overcame me finally.
I did search in order to soothe my brain down.
Firstly let’s begin with the Google Scholar which provides us with reliable information from theses and peer-reviewed Journals and soon on and here is the site that gives detailed information about this engine.
http://scholar.google.co.uk/intl/en/scholar/about.html
The second thing is the peer-reviewed journals which are in simple words when the author finishes his/her work (i.e. theses, articles,) this intellectual material will be reviewed by experts of the same field (peers) before being published in journals.
Here are good sites
http://www.library.uiuc.edu/alx/peer.htm
http://lib.calpoly.edu/research/guides/peer.html
Moving to Intute which is search engine created by a group of British universities on behalf of students and researchers in order to insure reputability of information ,as a matter of fact everything is sieved by group of experts before being published and this group is supported financially by Joint Information Systems Committee and Arts and Humanities Research Council
Here is the site
http://www.intute.ac.uk/
Finally during my search journey to find an answer to the last question I discovered marvelous web site that gives me answers for everything I need .what I have learnt so far is that we as students should have a critical thinking and not take anything being posted on the internet as a fact and if we have any doubt regarding the source of information we should leave it and we should not depend only on the Google as a source of information because many respectable sites will not appear in the results of the search because they needs subscription and register with the publisher. There are many sites just for fun and others carry directed messages in order to mislead us or to serve a certain Ideology .There are also site for fraud ,hate, scams and parody.
So we should bear in mind many aspects that I can’t sum up in few sentences but here is the site which I would like to share with everyone it is called Internet Detective which is created by Intute:
http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk/detective/index.html
But you have to be patent to go through the tutorial starting from brief and ending at case closed there are also many useful links regarding plagiarism, copyrights, citing and referencing.
Oh time now is 4:11 am I have to sleep .I have to say good morning everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment