Thursday, 2 October 2008

The lake in my heart


I have a lake in my heart in the night when people close their eyes I stay alone burning my oil till the dawn and I feel something strange in my depth a feel that the mouth cannot utter. There are millions of diamonds settle underneath my extraordinary lake.
While I am starring at the twinkling stars suddenly a waterfall falls on my lazy lake and the diamonds start floating on the silvery surface reflecting the moon light as millions of stars sparkling from the earth not from the remote sky.
At this moment I feel overwhelmed I just see my past life in every detail I feel my mother's hand tapping on my shoulders and wiping my tears. I can hear my father talking with me kindly and as the ocean whispers to coasts telling them the meanings of life, my hearts whispers to my soul fluttering as the dove wings hovering above the shimmering ocean and I hear a sound that echoes inside me saying let the fall flow and let the lake submerge as long as you live it is your destiny to fly out the flock.
When the dawn comes and as the last star struggling to live in my firmament my lake calms dawn and the diamonds drawn slowly everything become in profound silence as nothing was happening during the night.
As the sun waking up slowly at the horizon my dreams evaporates as the dew says so long to the flowers then I close my eyes peacefully.
There is invisible line between the fact and the mirage, a line that I do not want to see because if I see this line I will stop dreaming .when this day comes it will be the end.
Written by Enas

1 comment:

Steve said...

I really enjoyed reading this. Poetic and peaceful.