These some pictures about our journey to Cambridge.
In Cambridge you should see something extraordinary, smell the fragrance of history and feel the meaning of authenticity. As the ancient architectures stand as a spectacular evidence for the creative artists who designed the town .
I felt that I was walking among an open museum. There are many old colleges that overlook the cam River in pride as they are still prosperous as the river and eternal as the soul.
I was captivated when I saw the Mathematical Bridge in Queen's college; it is the first bridge that constructed on the scientific basis of the mathematical analysis.
When you see King's college chapel you have to stand in respect because the chapel was
built in Gothic style which was one of the most famous design during the medieval era .and it has the world largest fan vault as the ceiling consist of many arches that are overlapped together in an amazing harmony.
When I was standing in front King's college gate I was overtaken .So I did not Know exactly how long I stayed there ,it was like the end of the world.
In Cambridge the fascination of the architectures melts with beauty of nature and together represents the soul of the town. In a simple word Cambridge is a gold necklace ornamented with diamond, as the necklace features the Cam River and the diamond stones are the colleges that stand in glory along the banks.
1 comment:
THIS SEEMS TO BE A LOT LONGER THAN 250 WORDS. REMEMBER, YOUR WRITING NEEDS TO BE ABOUT 500 WORDS IN TOTAL, NO MORE.
These some pictures about our journey to Cambridge.
In Cambridge you should see something extraordinary, smell the fragrance of history and feel the meaning of authenticity. As the ancient architectures stand as a spectacular evidence for the creative artists who designed the town .
I felt that I was walking among AN open museum. There are many old COLLEGES that overlook the cam CAPITAL LETTER NEEDED river in pride as they are still prosperous as the river and eternal as the soul.
I was captivated when I saw the Mathematical Bridge in Queen's college; it is the first bridge that constructed on the scientific basis of the mathematical analysis.
When you see King's college chapel you have to stand in respect BECAUSE the chapel was built in Gothic style which was one of the most famous designS during the medieval era .and it has the world'S largest fan vault as the ceiling consist of many arches that are overlapped together in an amazing harmony.
GOOD DESCRIPTION
When I was standing in front King's college gate I was overtaken SO I did not Know exactly how long I stayed there ,it was LIKE the end of the world.
In Cambridge the fascination of the architectures melts with beauty of nature and together represents the soul of the town. In a simple word Cambridge is a gold necklace ornamented with diamond, as the necklace features the Cam River and the diamond stones are the universities that stand in glory along the banks.
PLEASE DO THE NEXT ONE AS A SEPARATE POST ON YOUR BLOG....
The Second Subject about Festivals and Events in Cambridge
Moving on to the most famous festivals and annual events in Cambridge:
Firstly there are two important events that held in winter one of them is the Christmas Eve service that takes place in King's college chapel and is famous for Nine lessons and carols festival . The other one is the Rag carnival procession through Cambridge city center.
For the music fan I recommend Cambridge Folk Festival: which is one of the most famous festivals in UK and the world. It is an annual music festival that takes place in Cherry Hiinton Hall in Cherry Hiinton in the mid-summer. The Festival is sponsored mainly by BBC Radio2 which broadcasts the events along the festival and it is famous for its selective mix of music and the broad range of activities and that is way the festival so called folk.
If you want to taste the meaning of the all in one try visiting Strawberry Fair: this festival started in 1973 in Midsummer Common and it is annually starts on the first Saturday in June. The fair mainly is constructed for the benefit of the community and especially for children, so it is run by the local committees. There is free entry and lots of entertainments as music, theater. Lastly as this fair is totally free we have to say thanks for every volunteer who participates in this work annually for our benefit...
THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE SORT OF THING AN ORGANISER WOULD SAY, NOT A JOURNALIST (YOU) COMMENTING ON THE FESTIVAL
If you have interest in the film making, do not miss Cambridge Film Festival which is exactly equivalent to London and Edinburgh film festivals. The festival is very famous as many important films have had their first show there. There are outdoor screens and wide range of making rather than ordinary long films as Documentaries and shorts. Finally this festival takes places in St Andrew’s Street.
For those WHO like theater and Literature Cambridge does not forget to entertain them as well. So it offers them the opportunity through Cambridge Shakespeare Festival. Here you can watch a wide range of the Shakespeare's marvels as Othello; the winter's Tale and As You Like IT. The festival takes places at many universities such as King's College and St John's College.
If you want to row in Cam River in a competitive and entertaining atmosphere participate in Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival If you win expect to eat at the local Chinese restaurant as prize. This festival is not only for entertainment but also for the charity in behalf of the East Anglian Children's Hospices charities .
Finally there are many other Festivals and events in Cambridge as Cambridge science Festival and Cambridge 'Bumps' Festival.
So give your self a chance to be in such an amazing ,Inspiring,BreathTAKING and marvelous Town.
Post a Comment