Saturday, 6 December 2008

The end of Pre-sessional Academic English course evaluation


Remember this is my personal opinion that might be completely different from someone else point of view.
I do not prefer to say my opinion about any think in enclosed envelope or via confidential network. If I believe that this is the truth I will not afraid to say it honestly. At the beginning of the pre-sessional (In September) what I did not like about the course the contents especially the general English part and I felt it was for fun and regarding the academic part I did not like focusing just on one subject (Tourism and cities in the UK) I felt that I was going to be specialised in this area .I also did not like the way they arranged us in groups for the presentation because it is a group work and if you find yourself with someone who you can not get along with in the work ,(not because you have anything personal with him/her) ,it will be problem because this person have a negative influence over the group and affects the others who work hard.


In the second month I did not like the first part of the course not because the contents were bad, I think they were very strong and met the academic requirements but because the charged atmosphere .I do not like to feel that I am under the microscope or to be criticised unprofessionally and also the lack of control over the group ,when one person dominated the others and did not give them any chance to participate. Regarding the academic part the questionnaire and the presentation, I found it good because I had the chance to choose my group and I find my teacher‘s advice about the presentation skills and report straight to the point.

The last month academic course and my IELTS,I really enjoyed learning ,I find great progress in my level and I eager to attained my classes . I am sad because we will finish next week. What I really admire the cooperation between my teachers .I can notice this harmony and the integration which really have positive effect in the learning process.
Regarding my IELTS course I would blame myself thousands times If I did not join this course. I thought I would learn just strategies but I learnt a lot of useful things. Although it was difficult for me to attainding both courses the pre-sessional and the IELTS as sometimes I had a lot of homework from every teachers but I really got the benefit and I can see the difference.

Regarding the WebLearn ,I think It is very useful and also the additional conversion class but It will be better if the organisers change the time of the conversion classes to suit all the students because sometimes I had to stay 2 hours after my course to attained them. Another thing the time is not enough it should be at least two hour per a class.

Another thing please do not say that the classes will be divided according to the subject areas unless you are going to teach different content in each class.

In general It was good experience to study at London Metropolitan University I find almost all the staff very kind and I learnt a lot of thing about the academic life and also about the British culture. I met people from everywhere and I have many friends.

Please do not think that when I show the negative sides that I am complaining, I just want anyone who is concerned about this University to try to make it better .It is just one week and I will leave but I will always have respect and loyalty to this University that offered me this chance to be one of many students in its campus.

At the end thank you indeed to all my teachers and for the kind registry and the course organisers staff.
I decided not to keep it in my heart Andy!
I will miss you all.